Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Financial Update- April 16

As of this afternoon, God has provided for nearly 40% of my financial need for my upcoming trip to Bali.   God has used this process to remind me that He is not only with me, but that He loves me and knows what I need better than I do.   He is SO good- not because He provides the "stuff" I need, but because lets us be part of what He's doing.  How amazing is that?  He's doing cool stuff in Indonesia, and He lets me join Him in it!  

I hope I've never given you the idea that God "needs" me.  He's more than able to do this work completely apart from me.  He could speak through a billy goat or simply proclaim His truth through the grandeur of the mountains, but instead, He has given me this love...this passion....for these people!  He has given me seven years of living among them...learning their langage, eating their food.  He has given me wonderful spiritual children who are faithfully serving Christ after all these years.  

He has placed me at Grace Life Community Church with Bob Perdue and the Rectors (Tom and Debbie).  They have opened up their heart to Indonesia, and are gladly returning despite the cost and previous hardships they encountered.  The rode with me on a bus, on a creaky ferry that bobbed up and down for hours while they were trapped on the bus.  They caught intestinal bugs and other medical conditions that caused no small discomfort, but they have signed up once again to return to Indonesia.  Can you believe it?  Yeah, God is good!  

He's got this!  $2600 is nothing for the King of Creation.  He's not wringing his hands over the condition of the economy or the nationwide reduction in charitable giving.  He's got this!


Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

John